Tuesday, June 2, 2009


Hello Blog Followers,
Anyone who knows me knows the only thing I wanted to see in Baltimore was Charm City Cakes which is the bakery for the Food Network show Ace of Cakes.... So yesterday we got up early, picked up the Woody Car from the car dealership that was holding it for us (such a nice guy! Thanks so much for receiving our "baby"and keeping it safe!) then we headed to Baltimore, first stop Charm City Cakes.... Ok, the roads in Baltimore are horrible! Huge yes Sista, H u g e !!!! pot holes everywhere. We find Charm City in one of the worst areas! Bad roads, bad neighborhood.... So I say to Gar, "Just drop Ian and I off for a pic in front of the building and then drive back and get us" OK, Ian and I jump out and ther is a guy chaining up his Moped at the corner in a jersey and shorts with helmet still on... Could that be Duff??? Naw..... We take our pictures, Gar comes back around and as I look back at CC before I get in the car, there is Duff...It was him ! He sees the car and says Hi from accross the street... I point at him like an idiot and say Hi! He comes over and Gary jumps out of the car! OMG!! I am talking to Duff! He shakes our hands, does his cute laugh and starts talking cars... He has a corvette from his Dad's 2nd mid life crisis he says and he loves Woodies! We chat a while he takes a picture with us and then shakes our hands again and says he has to go to work... He is super nice and just like he is on the show... I don't know how it happened, but it did....I met Duff Goldman!
The rest of yesterday was spent staring at the picture in the camera of me and Duff...... Oh yeah, Ian is in the picture too! HA!
We then drove to New Jersey to meet Gary's friend Bruce who drove down from New York. We met at an Applebee's and spent 5 hous talking... I think Gar had a good visit with Bruce as did Ian and I ! What a great guy he is and it only took me 28 years to meet him! think we have him convinced to visi Calif. soon....
Anyway..... Here is the pic of us with Duff.... See it did really happen!

8 comments:

  1. OK forgot to say, Click the photo to make it bigger and see Duff better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic and a great story. Your positve thoughts made it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Day had by all. Great picture

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me more motivated to get my car finished this week so I can take off as well. Still looking to hopefully meet up with you guys someplace around Rapid City. Will keep you posted. Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool picture, Sista!!!!!! But, the "hhhuuuggggeee" was really unneccessary, don't you think? There are so many other alternatives....large, gigantic, enormous,immense,colossal.....just to name a few! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great picture!! How fun was that? wish I could've been there...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, you are so very lucky...he is sooo cute.
    I want a copy of the picture...hahahah
    hope everyday is bringing you fun experiences...but try to top that one!
    love ya

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got a good picture of the three of you. Did you get one of Bruce? Haven't seen him in ages.
    Glad the trip is going so well.
    We have graduations that you're missing!!!! Our weather is definitely on the cool side but I love it. It even rained a little this morning. Haven't seen Ian yet - maybe today. Drive safely. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete