Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Winnamucca & Reno

Hello All,
Well, we survived Scott Shady Court and actually, I think it was everyone's favorite! It was a whopping $38 dollars a night and we had these adorable little cabin like things all in a row. I'll post a pic so you can see what I mean. It was very 50's and the woman at the desk was third generation... Her grandparents started it as a campground in 1928. I think everyone loved it! We all were next to each other in a row and we had our room doors open and were chatting . It was Great! We had some great Basque food there at the Martin Hotel in town. We were there till 10pm chatting and eating! Yikes! Eating at 10:00pm!
We headed out at 10:30am and Gary found some hidden gem car place for us to see some Ed Roth cars and a bunch of other cool cars... I am a bit car'd out, but this was cool. On to Reno and the fabulous Atlantis Resort and Spa.... Beautiful rooms and a great dinner with Wayne's wife MaryJane and her Brother Jim....Welcome MaryJane, we are happy to have you with us for the rest of the trip! :o)
Tomorrow some of the guys are going to the National Auto Museum, Marie and I are not...I'm going to try to get in some sort of relaxing spa service and I think Marie was gonna hit the pool. We will all try to connect again for dinner... Of course I am doing a bit of gambling and those of you that know me, know I love the Wheel of Fortune machines...There are not that many of them here so I have only had one chance so far today. I won $40.00 tonight so that was fun!
Gar and I may got a show tomorrow night so that should be fun. We are off on Thursday to the Blackhawk museum and then Friday (Happy Birthday Ian!!!) thru San Francisco to Santa Cruz. I can't believe the trip is so close to ending! But......I am looking forward to seeing my family at Santa Cruz. Can't wait for us all to cram into our hotel room! Can't wait to see you Karen, James, Dominic, Derek, Mom and Ian! Can that many people fit into one room? You bet! This is our yearly tradition, and Gary and I look forward to spending this time with our family. We will miss Mikey and Ian spending the night this year, but alas my boys are growing up and having lives and jobs of their own... Where did the time go??
Well, I'll probably skip blogging tomorrow as I don't think you all will want to hear about my spa treatment and my relaxing! Ha!
Talk to you all on Thursday night....
Ter :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment