Sunday, June 21, 2009

SLC

Hello All,
Today was a really relaxing day with a late start and everyone doing whatever they wanted... Gar and I slept late and then went out to lunch. We drove around SLC for about 45 minutes trying to find a place to eat, but this town is shut down on Sunday. The chain restaurants were open, but we like to try and get a little of the local feel in each town, but this town was shut down today... We then saw the Temple Square area and then were off to Barnes & Noble to get a few copies of the July issue of Popular Science as Gary's RC car is in there along with a little bit about Gar and his winning car. That is pretty cool! We are excited about that.... :o)
Gary tried to work this afternoon and then worked on cleaning up the car a bit before heading out tomorrow to Winnemucca. We will hopefully have a photo shoot at the Bonneville Salt Flats and then a 3 to 4 hr drive.
No Internet at our next hotel, Scott's Shady Acres or some such name...For$38 bucks a night I hope I don't have to share a bed with more than just Gary! I'm a little bit scared of this hotel, but my husband tells me its part of the adventure..... Ahhh I'll let ya know how much of an adventure it is when we get to Reno. Where by the way, we are staying at the fabulous Atlantis resort (can you guess that I picked it! And its not that far off from $38 bucks a night either!!)
So stay tuned for Tuesday's blog, and Happy Father's Day to all you Dad's out there!
Ter :o)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Ter & Gar -- Am still loving these trip reports. I am vicariously travelling w/ you, or so it seems. I did a quick search on Tripadvisor with regards to "Scott Shady Court" in Winnemucca for you. Don't be afraid; it got faily good reviews. No mention of police tape, drug busts and prostitutes like one hotel Jay wanted to stay in w/ the Corvette group sometime back. The review was so bad, I had to laugh out loud. We went to Palm Springs w/ the group, but we stayed at a Best Western, which by comparison, was the lap of luxury. Eastern Nevada is not the prettiest. I remember driving from Boise to Carson City and thoughts of Deliverence came to mind. My first thought was "who the hell would live out here" and my second thought was fear that if my car broke down, I just might find out, ewwwww. I drove 85 mph. I figured that was what the 85 stood for on the HWY 85 signs. Was I wrong? Anyways, keep safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete