Wednesday, June 10, 2009

St. Louis.....

As I'm typing this there is thunder and lightening...So much lightning!!!! I am sooooooo scared of lightning!! Did I say there was lightning???
It is about 86 degrees and 90% humidity at 9 at night...Ahhhhh St. Louis! The day started off hot and humid with a trip to the arch... We parked in a lot next to a church that said no parking for the arch, church parking only....We all went into the church, just so we wouldn't get towed.... The church was beautiful inside, and I gave thanks for a safe trip. Then off to the arch. The arch is
H U G E!! You can go up inside it in a tiny elevator car that seats 4..There is a picture of me in the tiny car, but that is as far as I got! It is soooooooooo high up, there was no way I was going up there.... Got some cool shots of the car there and then we were off to the Budweiser tour (Free beer at the end!!) The tour was an hour long and we saw all aspects of the plant. Interesting, and informative, but a long time to wait for free beer! HA! Clydesdale horses were housed there and their barn was amazing! There was a Dalmatian there too... Made me miss my Pee Wee boy!
We then had lunch and came back to our hotel and did laundry (you only have so many pair of underware!) The others did whatever they wanted (ballpark, river cruise) and then we met for dinner... We ate at the "Trainwreck" and it was good ... I had a chicken breast dipped in Louisianna Hot Sauce and then it had a blue cheese dressing on top of it...Yummy! Gar of course had ribs...
Tomorrow we are leaving at 7am to go to Kansas City for a tour of the Harley Davidson plant, a personal tour of the WWI museum, and then some KC Bar b que...
Hopefully it will stop with the thunder and lightening by tomorrow and we will have a dry and safe trip. Oh that lightning is still going!!!!
Ter :0)

Gary...... A lightning storm!!! How cool!!! I haven't seen any like this since I lived in Detroit. Lots of flashes and rumbling! Unfortunately it's also pouring.......=-( ....but they think it'll be gone tomorrow morning.

We're leaving very early (for this group!) for the four hour trip to KC.


No comments:

Post a Comment