Monday, June 29, 2009

End of a Great Trip

We ended our tour at Wodies on the Wharf in Santa Cruz where our family came down and we crammed into our hotel room and had a blast! We even had sun!!! I even finally got sunburned! My legs finally have a color other than WHITE!!! YEA!!!!!
We had a special place on the wharf for the cars that traveled the US and they did a little interview of the travelers. Thanks Roland, and Santa Cruz Woodies for making the end of our trip so special....
Well, its here....the end of the trip..... tomorrow I go back to work....
That month flew by and the one thing I learned on this trip is that I can't wait to retire!!! Three more years, yes Gary, that's TH R E E and I will retire.... :o) :o)
This trip was amazing! Gar and I saw and did so many things and a little (ok, alot) of rain didn't stop us at all. We met great people along the way (you know who you are!) and the people that traveled with us were awesome, and I hope will be life long friends. Ralph, Marie, Mark, Nance, Wayne and MaryJane were great traveling companions and we couldn't have asked for a friendlier group. Considering we all met that day in Washington (and Rapid City) without knowing each other, I feel like we are old friends....
Again I say, if you have a chance to visit these wonderful United States, do it. It will renew your faith in this country and its wonderful people. I know I've said it before in this blog, but the people we met along the way who stopped and chatted in parking lots and gas stations all had a story about their Dad or Uncle's Woody car and they remember it fondly and with a smile. That was one of the totally cool things that happened on the trip, the stories from folks who just stopped to say hi! Oh crazy people yelled at us and homeless people gave us the thumbs up sign too... It was way cool....
Thanks to all who followed us on our adventure and especially to Bill and Laurel who loaned us their laptop so I could blog my way across the US....
Oh Yeah, Did I mention I met "The Ace of Cakes" ?
Bye till the next trip....
Ter :o)

1 comment:

  1. Gary, Ter, Ralph, Marie, Mark, Nance, Wayne and Mary Jane,
    Speaking for the Santa Cruz Woodies, we were totally honored that you picked Woodies on the Wharf to be the cap stone for your outstanding adventure! All of you will go down in woodie history for pulling this one off, and I can only hope it will be repeated. I am sure the 9,000 mile "Furtherest Driven" award will stand for a while. Thanks again-Rowland

    ReplyDelete